Most car owners are on the look-out for cost-effective means to operate their vehicles. With less supply of fuel we find that the costs of diesel is increasing at an alarming speed. Though it has a density of high energy the prices are comparatively lower. You are able to extract more energy from a diesel turbo as compared to the one which runs on gasoline. This leads to a higher mileage, which is beneficial to any car owner. There was a time when vehicles using diesel made a lot of noise which was unsettling not only to the driver but also those around. Times have changed and these days there is no way you can differentiate a diesel turbo from the one that run on gasoline, because of the noise.
Here we list some reasons why diesel turbo are better as compared to the ones running on gasoline.
1. Economical: As turbo recycle and harness the power which is developed by an engine and transform the fuel energy into the required power, it tends to be cost-effective as compared to auto parts which are aspirated naturally. Besides which, there is less development of parasitic heat and friction.
2. Diesel is less dirty: As mentioned earlier, these days with the advance in technology and the compulsory transition of diesel which is of a ultra-low sulphur, you find that vehicles running with the diesel turbo are quiet and do not spew any black smoke.
3. Better Mileage: As compared to the engines running on gasoline, the diesel turbo delivers almost 30% better fuel economy and has a better performance.
4. No tune-ups required: A vehicle which is powered by diesel does not have distributors or spark plugs. This is because there is no requirement of ignition tune-ups. Those who dread routine inspections can opt for this diesel turbo.
5. Better Value: With few cars running on diesel, you find that these cars command prices which are higher than those running on gasoline. This works as a ‘good’ selling point, more so because the fuel prices seem to be touching the skies.
6. Eco Friendly: Turbo charger tends to offer the required air to the fuel combustion and the engine. The diesel turbo of the latest kind tend to develop less carbon-di-oxide, making the engines eco-friendly when compared to the traditional engines.
7. Fun Driving: These diesel turbo offers more torque. This leads to a good performance of the vehicle, which makes driving a pleasure.
Maintenance of A Diesel Turbo: Investing in a turbo for your car you need to ensure you maintain this in the right manner. This ensures a good performance for a long period of time and makes this investment a worthwhile one.
The glow plugs of a diesel turbo need to be inspected on a regular basis. The ignition of this engine requires heat which is compressed. In winters, these glow plugs require inspection more frequently. Another factor is checking on the cooling system, which is required to cool down the components. Besides this, ensure that the lube oil is changed as and when required as the by-product, which is carbon, tends to get deposited continuously in the oil. This can lead to blocking off the heat transfer. The engine filter element needs to be kept clean as these diesel engines use a lot of air.
Before unscrewing of the nuts and bolts for the maintenance you need to make sure that the engine has total support by some sort of external support. The oil used needs to be of a good quality. There is no way you can compromise on this.