Orissa government is the authority which provides the Prerana Scholarship. Candidates who are studying in Diploma, Degree, 12th class- Arts, Commerce, First year- B.Com, BSC, BA, MA, M.Com, MSC from any college can apply for this scholarship. Candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC/SEBS/Minority sections of the society and who are financially weak to continue their studies can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship can be filled through online mode. This is the golden chance for the candidates who are financially weaker and are interested to continue their studies.
Prerana Scholarship portal is for the automation, efficient & effective management of processes related to application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students.
- Candidates who are the permanent residents of Orissa can apply for this scholarship
- Candidates of SC/ST category whose family income is not more than Rs.20,000 are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- OBC candidates who have family income not more than Rs.10,000 and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examinations can also apply for the scholarship.
Who all can apply?
Candidates who belong to the reserved categories like SC/ST/OBC categories and who are studying in Diploma, Degree, 12th class or first year in any college can apply for the Prerana Scholarship
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category will get the full course fee for the general courses and Rs.28,500 for the technical courses such as Diploma or Degree
- The fee may increase or decrease which will be done at the will of the government only
- For the candidates belonging to OBC category, there is no fixed amount of the scholarship declared.
How to fill the application form-
- Candidates are suggested to go through the official website of the government of Orissa which is mpsc.mp.nic.in
- On the home page of the website, candidates will have to click over the suitable link in order to apply for the scholarship which will be given at the left side of the home page
- After reading the instructions carefully, if the candidate fulfills the eligibility norms, the candidates can fill the application form further
- Then, the candidate will have to choose for the appropriate link which will be related to the online application form and get them registered online.
- Candidates will then be required to fill all the necessary details and upload the scanned images of photograph and signatures and documents along with the application form if required
- Candidate is then required to check the complete form and submit it.
- Candidate need to take the print out of the filled in application form for future reference
- Class 10th passing certificate or the mark sheet
- Class 12th passing certificate or the mark sheet
- First year passing certificate or the mark sheet
- Current Residence Certificate which should not be less than 6 months
- Certificate of income of Mother or Father as applicable
- Certificate of declaration of cast from the Tehsil
- Bank account number and the pass book of the candidate
- 2 copies of the colored passport sized photograph of the candidate